Lawton Memorial Hall
Social Heart of our Community
Tel: 07432 739 313
Registered Charity No. 520034
History


Church Lawton Memorial Hall was built to commemorate residents that gave their lives in the First and Second World Wars.  It was officially opened in October 1953 by Mr R.G Lawton.  After a well used community hall for many years, the wooden shaling was no longer able to meet the demands of building legislation.


From heroic fund raising and a contribution from the National Lottery Fund a new purpose built brick building opened in July 2000 to provide residents of Church Lawton and surrounding areas, a facility for organisations and groups of all ages and interests to meet.

It has since been extended with the additional of an annexe and treatment rooms.






                  Lawton Memorial Hall Social Heart of our Community
Honorary President

The award of Honorary President, the highest accolade awarded to any member of the committee throughout its history, for duties to the local community is made to Mrs Annette Cooper, who after 60 years of managing the village hall voluntarily has together created a heritage of leadership, personal development and happiness throughout our community far and wide. 

Overcoming difficulties with building regulations and heroic fund raising, Annette's proudest moment was to see the new purpose built brick building, opened in 2000, her fondest memories were that people enjoyed themselves and the dedication provided by a team of volunteers making Lawton Hall the social heart of the Community.